Monday, September 6, 2010

Journey From a Village to ORACLE via NAVODAYA

                         I dedicate my placement in ORACLE Corporation(Oracle site) to my beloved teachers and Navodaya, without which I could not have achieved it.

                                      Guys I exactly remember that day  20th July,1999 when I joined the JNV Shyampur,Sehore M.P. coming from a village-where there is no higher secondary school, with my father in KURTA-PAIZAMA ,wondering about the big buildings which i had seen first time ,joined in Nilgiri House at the age of 9 years.I filled the Navodyaya Application form without asking to my parents as my friends were filling it and its free of cost as well and for exam we have to go  to near by city which was a great chance to see the city.But when postman given my parents the selection letter they could not understand where our son is going they simply refused it we wont send our son anywhere but my teacher convinced them.

                           It was the first time i had seen tears rolling down from my fathers cheeks while he was getting in to bus from navodaya to home and I was already crying aloud.But its the navodaya friends and Teachers who  carries aways from the sweet home memories but for almost 1 year I used to  find a corner alone or in the late night when everyone slept ,to get tears out.
      
           The busy schedule  of Navodaya from morning to night put us on the great learning speed without feeling any pressure in all the perspective of Academics,Cultural,Arts and games.My teacher Mrs.N.Singh taught me the mathematics in class 7th and that was the turning point as got almost 100% marks in maths and i topped the school in 8th class and with God grace same flow I maintained in 10th ,12th ,for IIT-JEE and in colllege also,and I will try to maintain In future also
          
           When I scored 90% in my 10th class It was a miracle kind of thing as before that people of my village heard up to 70 not more than that and of-course which put me as Celebrity kind of thing of my district.Later Its the navodaya teachers and seniors from which i came  to know there is something called IIT,NIT before that I not even heard about these.Guys its very difficult for any one to get direction when no one your whole locality does not know have knowledge to direct you.I am the first Engineer from my village. 

              I scored well in 12th class but the coaching fee of KOTA was too  high any how  my parents borrowed money from relatives ,village rich people and given me.The fee as in farming you cant earn more than you eats and fullfill your basic necessaries you cant save money-Its true for all farmers of India.My hardwork+2*(my fathers,mom,sisters hardwork) given me the result and selected for both JEE -AIR 6411,AIEEE-AIR 1174 .It was the great moment for me as  It was like Gambling-if i did not go selected then i have to work in my fields for rest of life to repay the loans but Almighty God taken care of it.
          
         Lets us share some funny moment when I use to tell my friends i selected in IIT...they say what in ITI??.......as before that no one knows what is IIT and all stuff...Its not their fault but its lack of Education at the ground level.....during counselling again it was a crucial time as from whom should I take the help and now navodaya teachers also dont know much about the colleges and branches and it was online..but I filled arbitary choices (for JEE counselling Bio-Tech at first position...) and with my own knowledge and i got my best choice as CSE in NIT Warangal-top 10th Institute of India.

         I learned the ABCD properly in my 6th class and ABCD of C++ in my college but Its navodaya spirit which kept me on the right track and I performed well in college.The Navodaya Environment creates an Enthusiasm,a strong aspiration to achieve something uncommon in your life.During my college life also learned at each and every step in whatever the way i can. During my Summer vacation instead of living in the village with my parents I used to teach in coaching Impetus ,MP Nagar Bhopal so that I can get my pocket money for  whole year.

            Let me tell about my Education Loan  and Scholarship- I went to almost every bank -Bank of India,Indian Bank,PNB and all which are there in my talluk as I used to say them I need Education loan ...but they  refused with some reasons-some dont know the name of college some dont know AIEEE and I was so despair from where will I get my fee again I have to sell my remaining land.Same happened with scholarship they asked for my original TC which already i had submitted to college they also dont know the college name....My college authority tried to contact Scholarship Head but they dont know English and my college authority dont know Hindi..So there was no better communication ..I could not convince DO,Sehore....He even said to  my father go to CM and compaint against me.. Iwont give you scholarship....I approached to Collector(IAS),but I am sorry to say  my collector asked  me -"why you went to NIT ,Warangal you should study in MANIT Bhopal?..now I cant help you.."..It was my last hope that also destroyed. But thanks to SBI Manager who knows the My college name and given me the loan.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
     In my Oracle Interview my HR round fully on Navodaya as that lady impressed by Navodaya.My 30 minute interview was fully on Navodaya itself.She asked everything about navodaya .Thanks Navodaya.I feel happy in helping any needy person.If any service for me mail me - ballunavodaya@gmail.com

            Guys every bad time gives you a learning never-ever give up struggle.

Good Luck !!! Navodaya Cheers!!!


@Balram Parmar
05th Sept,2010

16 comments:

  1. dude, you are the real winner of NIT Warangal.
    And i m damn sure that you are going to rock in ORACLE too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real success story. keep it up Navodaya

    With regards
    Sonal Jain

    ReplyDelete
  3. i m proud of u my dear frend

    your
    Dharmendra malviya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Balram.....
    junr batch me ek bahut intlgnt bnda aya hua hai...
    1st time ballu ko shayad class toppers ke prize distribution me hi jana....sobr hrtd n vry intlgnt guy....itna hi mujhe aj tk pta tha...
    Bt aaj ye "Journey From a Village to ORACLE via NAVODAYA" padha...mujhe aaj is chhupe rustm ka itna strgl pata chala... I dint knw all these....salute 2 ur spirit dear...
    Hats off 2 u BALLU....
    U r d shining staR...god bless u.. :)
    -Mahendra Panwar (An Alumni of JNV Shyampur)
    Operation engg officer
    Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. balram v all navodaya teachers r proud of u...........!!
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Balram 1
    Well done boy
    I am too novodiean .its a great feeling that when from any corner any novodian shine. but we should not forget that seven years those have transform our lives. so i always think the ways to give something back to navodaya /country by any means


    Kuldip singh(Ex Navodian Passing out1996)
    PGT Physics
    K.V.1 Ambala
    HR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Balram...congrats first...
    really we all navodayans cant forget what navadaya had given to us...and Mr. Rajiv Gandhi also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Balram,
    I can understand how navodaya rescue us during our interview, I had same experience, thanks to Navodaya,

    Amol Patil( An alumni of JNV Bhusawal)
    Territory Sales Manager,
    Marico India.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats yaar balram aaj pata chala tune kitna strugale kiya he...

    Akhilesh Nayak
    JNV ShyamPur (2004)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only one word in my mind
    "RESPECT"
    dude u rocks

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Balli Bhaiya I am Late on the surface.......... Bt ur post awesme covering ol d high moments of our Navodya life..... I ws blushing contineously while reading ds article.....

    giv me fy.... :) :-D

    I think u'd keep writing.!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SALUTE to your dedication, Hard work & struggle. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi sir,

    we are the best institute in hyderabad well we offer courses oracle fusion scm and oracle fusion procurement with online and class room trainings
    for more information
    http://www.erptree.com/course/oracle-fusion-procurement-online-training-in-kolkata/

    ReplyDelete